From September 5th 2018, I will be providing the film review transcripts to Hermitage FM.
I’m really looking forward to sharing my passion with a local audience.
Hermitage FM is a not-for-profit, volunteer-led, Community Radio Station. They are based in Coalville, North West Leicestershire and broadcast on FM to the whole district, which includes Ashby-de-la-Zouch, Ibstock, Measham and Castle Donington.
Hermitage FM has its roots in Carillon Radio (which is the hospital radio station for Loughborough and Charnwood). It was created in 2009 by the Carillon Radio trustees and is part of Carillon Broadcasting. It is a registered charity (1105151) as the sister station of Carillon Radio.
Alongside broadcasting, Hermitage are the only Community Radio Station in the UK to operate a Social Enterprise Community Coffee Lounge on the premises.
Hermitage aim to:
• Produce entertaining and informative radio programmes.
• Provide free training opportunities in broadcasting for young people in the area.
• Provide volunteering opportunities in broadcasting/radio production.
• Combat issues of unemployment and social exclusion by providing volunteering, work experience and training opportunities in our Community Coffee Lounge.
• Empower individuals by raising confidence and self esteem, developing skills and investing trust.
• Connect different strands of our community and confront issues of isolation and loneliness through broadcasting, community projects and events.
• Run a friendly and sociable Community Coffee Lounge which serves as an information point and meeting space at the heart of our district.
• Contribute to the regeneration of Coalville by providing an ‘active’ frontage on the town square and serving as a hub/meeting place for other charities, social enterprises and local businesses.
This post was written by noxford