Work and Experience
December 17 to present
Park Circus Network Ambassador, • Attending screenings of classic and contemporary releases • Writing of programme notes for selected releases.
August 2018, to December 2018
Hermitage FM, Film Critic (NW Leicestershire, UK) 99.2FM
• Evaluate several movies per week • Attend film festivals • Analyse trends in movie ticket sales. • Discuss opinions on films in broadcast media • Discuss the goals and meanings of the films • Give reviews that are entertaining and insightful.
July 2018, 1 Week
Lionsgate, Runner (London, UK)
• Office administration • Administrative assistance, including diary management, meeting room preparations • post and courier management • First point of contact for enquiries • scanning , photocopying • delivering DCP between London locations • theatrical exhibition advertising research.
June 18, to September 2018
Heroic Hollywood – Content Writer • Writing content for Heroic Hollywood website using WordPress and various plug-ins. Volunteer, 12 hours per week. Portfolio of articles at: https://heroichollywood.com/author/nathan-oxford
May/June 2018, 2 Weeks
Sheffield Doc/Fest, Volunteer: Administrative support and Data Capture.
• Gathering feedback from festival. • Support with market research
• Supporting, in administrative role, prior to the festival.
April 18, 1 Week
Park Circus Ltd, Internship
• Market research for both festival and film assets. • Film profiling and administrative tasks. • Published blog post: http://www.parkcircus.com/latest/1451_the_draw_of_distribution
April 18, 1 Week
Film Festival Volunteer, FlatPack’12, Birmingham • General support around festival venues and ticketing within the box office. • Greater understanding of the relationships between film exhibitors and distributors.
August 17, to present
Social Media and Marketing for Rothery Osteopathy • Build website, edited sample media, maintaining of social media profiles.
August 17 – December 2017
David Nieper Social Media – Twitter. https://twitter.com/nieperacademy
• Posting of relevant updates to inform and update stakeholders of events, news and to share media.
August 17, 1 – 2 weeks
Film Extra, An American Exorcism (2017)
Film Extra, The Devil Outside (2017)
January 17, to present
Nathanoxford.com Film distribution and marketing blog, • Published film reviews that can be found at www.nathanoxford.com • Keeping current and up to date with distribution and marketing technologies.
Jan 18 to Current Assistant Headteacher: Rockwood Academy, Birmingham • Data analysis • Line management of Middle Leaders • Leader of BTEC qualifications • Year 11 achievement and progress coordinator • Teacher of GCSE ICT, Computer Science and Film Studies
Sept 13 to Dec 17 Assistant Headteacher: David Nieper Academy, Alfreton • Timetabling and Scheduling • Data Analysis • Line Manager of Middle Leaders • Teacher of GCSE ICT, Computing, Media and Film Studies. • Leader of BTEC
Sept 11 to Aug 13 Head of Computer Science Dept. Netherthorpe School, Chesterfield
Jan 10 to Aug 11 Learning Director of ICT, Derby Moor School, Derby
Sept 07 to Dec 11 Teacher of ICT, Alfreton Grange Arts College, Alfreton
• PG Cert Film Distribution, Birmingham City University July 2018)
• Level 3 Diploma Media Studies, NCC Home Learning (October 2017)
• Post Graduate Certificate Education (ICT), Nottingham Trent University (July 2006)
• BSC (HONS) Computer Studies, Nottingham Trent University (July 2005)
• July 2018 Film Distribution, Future Learn
• July 2016 Film Production, Future Learn
• July 2016 Explore Animation, Future Learn
• June 2016 Unlocking Film Rights, Future Learn
• June 2016 digital Storytelling, Future Learn
• June 2013 YouTube Digital Citizenship, UK
• July 2010 Microsoft Digital Academy Tutor, Microsoft.
• June 2010 ASA Assistant Swimming Coach. Level 1, Swim England.
• June 2009 Instructor Certification Oracle, UK
Video and Image Editing: Adobe Photoshop, Premier Pro, Final Cut Pro.
Web: HTML, CSS, ASP, PHP, Python 2.7 and 3.
Content Management Systems: Wix, WordPress .
3D Modelling: Autodesk Maya,
Compositing: Adobe After Effects.
Productivity: Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook. Familiar with both PC and Mac operating systems.
I really enjoy writing within film blogs.
Although I share trending stories and topics within the film marketing and distribution industry, I also contributed to a number of online film blogs as a freelance writer. These include Heroic Hollywood, Park Circus and Cineworld.
Below is a list (not exhaustive) of articles that that I have written…
Articles include, not an extensive list: